The North Carolina Collection is dedicated to preserving literary, visual, and artifactual materials illustrating four centuries of the colony and state of North Carolina. The collection comprises three divisions: the Research Library, North Carolina Collection Gallery, and Photographic Archives.
North Carolina Miscellany. Exploring the history, literature, and culture of the Tar Heel State
A View to Hugh. Processing the Hugh Morton photographs and films.
Read North Carolina Novels. A guide to novels set in North Carolina.
News & Events
- The Hidden Campus: Archaeological Glimpses of UNC in the Nineteenth Century Wed, Mar 11, 2015
- An Alphabet of Treasures: Special Collections from A to Z Tue, Jan 27, 2015
- Digital Heritage Center is Virtual Home for All Things N.C. Wed, Jan 14, 2015
- Digitized Photo Album Shows Chapel Hill in 19th Century Tue, Jan 06, 2015
- “Outnumbered”: Library Photo Award Winner Documents Women in Science Thu, Nov 13, 2014