The North Carolina Collection is dedicated to preserving literary, visual, and artifactual materials illustrating four centuries of the colony and state of North Carolina. The collection comprises three divisions: the Research Library, North Carolina Collection Gallery, and Photographic Archives.
North Carolina Miscellany. Exploring the history, literature, and culture of the Tar Heel State
A View to Hugh. Processing the Hugh Morton photographs and films.
Read North Carolina Novels. A guide to novels set in North Carolina.
News & Events
- Sounds Stilled: Musical Photographs by Don Sturkey, 1956-1988 Fri, Oct 14, 2016
- ‘The most important artifact that we have’ Mon, Oct 10, 2016
- Haunted North Carolina Mon, Oct 10, 2016
- Appointments: Assistant Curator and Collection Development Librarian for the North Carolina Collection; Data Visualization Services Librarian; Director of Library Development Tue, Aug 16, 2016
- Appointments: Program Coordinator and Digital Projects Librarian for the North Carolina Digital Heritage Center Tue, Jul 05, 2016