The North Carolina Collection is dedicated to preserving literary, visual, and artifactual materials illustrating four centuries of the colony and state of North Carolina. The collection comprises three divisions: the Research Library, North Carolina Collection Gallery, and Photographic Archives.
North Carolina Miscellany. Exploring the history, literature, and culture of the Tar Heel State
A View to Hugh. Processing the Hugh Morton photographs and films.
Read North Carolina Novels. A guide to novels set in North Carolina.
News & Events
- “Outnumbered”: Library Photo Award Winner Documents Women in Science Thu, Nov 13, 2014
- Where Is Tobe? Unfolding Stories of Childhood, Race, and Rural Life in North Carolina Wed, Oct 22, 2014
- “Voices from Tobe” To Recall Groundbreaking Children’s Book Oct. 21 Thu, Oct 09, 2014
- North Carolina Dialects Are Topic of Sept. 25 Lecture Thu, Sep 11, 2014
- The Art of North Carolina Money: The Stories Behind the Symbols Tue, Jun 24, 2014