Updated May 3, 2022
COVID-19 community standards
As a member of the Carolina community, you should follow the University of North Carolina’s COVID-19 Community Standards:
- Stay Up to Date with your COVID-19 Vaccines
- Optional Mask Use
- Practice Healthy Habits
- Be Respectful
Each time prior to coming to campus, all members of the Carolina community should self-assess whether you are experiencing any symptoms using a COVID-19 symptom list. If you have any of these symptoms, you should not come to campus.
Please reschedule your research appointment if
- You are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19;
- Someone in your household is experiencing symptoms or awaiting a COVID-19 test result; or
- You have been exposed to someone who tested positive for the virus.
The Research Room at Wilson Library is open by appointment.
All researchers are encouraged to discuss research needs and service options with library staff
Request an appointment:
- Schedule a virtual research consultation if
- You are a researcher not affiliated with UNC
- You are planning an extended research visit of more than 3 days
- Register as a researcher
- At least two full business days before you wish to visit, submit requests for the collection materials you plan to view.
- Indicate which day you plan to visit at the bottom of the requesting form. Check our hours calendar to review when the Research Room is open.
- A confirmation email will follow within the next business day with additional information. Your appointment is not confirmed until you have received this email.
- Planning to visit for multiple days? Reply to the confirmation email to schedule your additional appointments.
- Don’t need to be present the whole day of your appointment? Reply to the confirmation email with the times you do plan to be present. This allows us to make space for additional researchers throughout the day.
- Review our Prepare for a Visit page for details on the access process and policies
Failure to submit collections requests by 5 PM EST on the business day before an appointment may result in appointment cancellation.
If you are unsure of which materials to view or you would like to discuss the access process and policies, you can schedule a virtual consultation with a librarian.
To order digital copies of special collections materials, see our Request Copies page.