Updated 8/26/22: The University will restore $3.7 million to the University Libraries’ materials budget, which was cut in 2021. While the restored funding reverses cuts made in 2021, researchers will continue to experience changes to library collections due to prior cancellations and significant increases in the cost of journals and other subscriptions. Please contact your subject liaison librarian for additional information.
- A message from the provost: Restoration of library budget cuts (Aug. 30, 2022)
- A message from interim University librarian María R. Estorino about the library budget (Aug. 30, 2022)
- New year brings brighter outlook for library collections at Carolina (Jan. 13, 2021)
- Message from Provost Bob Blouin and Vice Provost for University Libraries Elaine L. Westbrooks (Oct. 1, 2021)
- FAQ about collections changes
- Find the liaison for your school, department or program
- Learn more about collections changes
- Library Collections Feedback
- Ways to help
Other Collections Information
- Our Strategic Framework discusses our commitment to preserving history and culture, supporting student success, and enabling the research enterprise with our collections.
- Our catalog is the front door to many of our print and electronic collections.
- Access our broad collection of electronic articles and other online resources.
- Wilson Library is the home of our unique Special Collections, some of which are available online.
- See our FAQ on Ebook collecting.
- Request a title for purchase
- See our current Elsevier Subscribed Titles.