Fall 2021 Guidelines
Last updated July 9, 2021
The Pleasants Family Assembly Room is managed by the Wilson Library administrative office. Questions can be directed to Eileen Lewis. It is prioritized for University Libraries usage. As circumstances permit, the room is also available for other University-sponsored scholarly, administrative, and professional events.
Wilson Library does not provide event staff. All groups that use the Pleasants Room are responsible for room setup and for cleanup.
The University Libraries provides the room free of charge. We depend on your efforts to keep the room clean and return it to its standard arrangement to maintain this no-cost approach.
The Pleasants Room is available for reservations Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Evening and weekend reservations are not available during the Fall 2021 semester.
University academic and administrative units may schedule up to six months in advance. Please visit the reservation page to view room availability and to request a reservation.
- University Libraries events will be given priority.
- The Pleasants Room is not available as a classroom.
- Reservations for meetings that recur less than on a monthly basis will not be accepted.
- Bookings from organizations and groups lacking University sponsorship or affiliation are not accepted.
- Wilson Library closes promptly at 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. All meetings or events should end no later than 4:30 pm.
- Setup and cleanup time should be included in the actual reservation time.
- The Libraries reserves the right to evaluate the appropriateness of the requested use for the Pleasants Room.
Food and Drinks
Food and drinks are permitted, and must be noted during the room registration process.
Available Audio-Visual Equipment
Training on the use of the audiovisual equipment must be arranged in advance by contacting Eileen Lewis.
- Lenovo Computer
- 1-corded microphone
- VHS Player (closet)
- DVD Player (closet)
- Extension cords
Other Available Equipment/Furniture
- 15 – 6ft tables (closet)
- 4 – 8ft tables (Request in advance)
- 1 – Flip chart stand (closet)
- 2 – Large burgundy trash cans (closet)
- 1 – Bottle/Can recycle bin
Returning room and lobby to original order
The regular set up for the Pleasants Room is theater style. Users are expected to return room back to original order immediately following use of the room, as follows:
- Leave all 90 chairs facing the stage, with two side aisles, and one middle aisle, and the first row (at front of room) starting behind the side entry door.
- Return all tables and other equipment taken from the close to the closet, put screen up, open curtains and blinds, and neatly arrange lectern and green leather chairs at front of room.
- Leave light switches ON.
- Close closet door during and after room use.
- Dispose of all trash, handouts, etc., generated by your event.