The University Libraries are committed to providing access to their collections, resources, and services to all library users, including people with physical and learning disabilities. If you require special assistance, please feel free to contact us. We will make every effort to accommodate your needs.
Parking and Building Access
Visitors displaying an official state-issued disability designation may park in the spaces. Please note that these permits do not allow parking in the UNC Disability Permit parking spots.
Kenan Science Library
Wheelchair access to the library is available from the ground floor (Enter the courtyard from the passageway between Kenan and Morehead labs or the parking lot west of Murray Hall) or from other entrances to Venable Hall and Murray Hall via elevators.
Reference and Research Assistance
Services we offer to those with disabilities include:
- Retrieval of books and other materials from the collection
- Assistance with photocopying, scanning, and printing
- Special tours by appointment
- Help with bibliographic verification
- Consultation on information needs
Other Campus Disability Resources
UNC-Chapel Hill students with disabilities should also note the availability of these accommodations and services:
- Davis Library offers facilities and assistive technology for people with physical and learning disabilities.
- UNC Disability Services