Find your liaison librarian
Subject-specialist liaison librarians can provide additional information about specific materials or subscriptions that you use for research, teaching or clinical care. Liaisons can also direct you to alternative sources of information or access.
Find the liaison for your school, department or program
Invite a librarian to meet with your unit
Subject-specialist liaison librarians and library administrators would be glad to meet with your department, unit, lab or other work group to discuss the current situation and talk about ways to help. To invite a librarian, reach out to the liaison librarian for your area or email email@example.com.
News reports and recorded meetings
- UNC-Chapel Hill plans to cut $5 million from libraries, spurring questions about funding priorities (WUNC. October 6, 2021)
- UNC dog-ears the library budget (Carolina Connection. October 8, 2021)
- University of North Carolina Libraries’ funding cut by $5 million (Library Journal. October 12, 2021)
- UNC-Chapel Hill faculty push back against repeated library cuts (NC Policy Watch. October 26, 2021)
- A strong library is critical. Q&A with Elaine Westbrooks (The Well. October 26, 2021)
- UNC-Chapel Hill Faculty Council meetings (recordings): October 1, 2021; November 5, 2021