To ensure a service environment in which patrons are valued, and a staff environment that recognizes quality service and innovation, we do our best to provide responsive, respectful, and reliable service.
- Make the library warm and welcoming to users by projecting a friendly and professional demeanor.
- Be accessible and approachable.
- Look for ways to provide service to patrons in any public space.
- Pay attention to how patrons use our services, spaces, and resources and respond when we see opportunities to improve, enhance or simplify their experience.
- Treat all patrons and their requests with respect.
- Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of all interactions, user records and requests.
- Accommodate differences and honor diversity.
- Address problems quickly and efficiently.
- Provide useful and complete information.
- Refer patrons to other appropriate service points or providers when specialized service exists.