The GIS & Data Services section of Davis Library Research & Instructional Services is located in the Nelson Ferebee Taylor Reading Room on the first floor of Davis Library.
We work to strengthen the library’s collection by acquiring spatial and numeric data from a variety of sources. To support the library’s service mission, we facilitate the use of our data collections, provide classroom training, support online learning, and provide access to GIS computing.
- Walk-in GIS help hours: Mon-Fri 11-1 and Mon 6-8pm
- GIS Librarians provide GIS assistance and locate spatial data.
- Michele Hayslett provides assistance locating statistical data.
- Matt Jansen provides assistance getting started with statistical software.
- The Odum Institute’s consultants provide expert-level statistics assistance.
Data and Software Guides
Getting GIS Experience
Interested in being a tutor or research assistant? Fill out
If you cannot find what you need, ask us for help! We will help you find it or purchase it.
Manage your research data
Find resources for managing research data in the Research Data Toolkit.