Request a Book (for non-affiliated users)
If you are a UNC affiliate with an active Onyen, please use Carolina BLU to place your request instead.
This form is for North Carolina residents with a borrower’s card and registered borrowers from another University to request:
- A checked-out book
- A book kept in the Library Service Center (LSC) or in storage
- A book from the Science Library Annex
- A book from a closed branch library
- To request items from the Media & Design Center, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Requested books can be picked up:
- At a Library service desk
- Through our contactless drive-up service
What to Expect After Your Request
We will hold books/items that are due within a month for you when they are returned. The Library may recall a book/item checked out for longer than a month. This means the Library will contact the current borrower and ask them to return the book/item sooner.
If you selected to pick up from a campus library, you will receive an email when the book/item is returned. You will have 7 days to pick up the book/item if you are picking the item up on campus. If you selected to pick up through our contactless pickup service, you will receive an email with instructions on how to make an appointment for curbside pickup.
Not all campus libraries offer this service. If you have any questions, please contact us.