Kenan Science Library VR Policies
The Kenan Science Library Virtual Reality Station is available to students, faculty, and staff of UNC –Chapel Hill only.
The space may be booked up to one hour per day per individual.
Research and course applications have priority in reserving time.
Please bring your own 3.5mm-jack headphones to connect to the headset.
Please observe the following safety precautions:
- Always place the headset and controllers on the computer table, never on the ground
- Be aware of cables during use
- Make sure the controllers are secured to your wrist
- Stay within the taped area / blue grid
- If you have any questions regarding use of the HTC Vive, ask a library staff member
- If you feel nausea or discomfort, take the headset off and sit down
- Consult your doctor if you have a pre-existing medical condition (e.g. heart ailment, anxiety disorders, or PTSD) before using the VR equipment
- Like other gaming products that produces light flashing visual effects, the VR headset may trigger epileptic seizures, fainting or dizziness even if you have no history of these conditions.