In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, our top priority is to add electronic reserve items for class use. PDFs, documents, E-books, streaming video and online articles can be placed on reserve and accessed online. You can add materials directly or we can scan them on your behalf. Students and faculty can access E-reserves from the “Course Reserves” tab of the class’s Sakai page. The E-reserves can also be accessed by clicking on “Access course reserves” on the main library web page.
How to Add and Request Materials
The “Course Reserves” tool of a class’s Sakai page can be used to access, add, edit and request materials.
You also have the option of sending us a list of any materials you would like us to add. Our E-mail address is email@example.com.
Here is a short (5-minute) walkthrough of the online reserves system from a faculty viewpoint (viewing courses, adding materials, submitting requests):
Adding Course Reserves via Sakai
- Click on the Course Reserves tool on the left side of your Sakai course site. The system will show all of the digital reserves for the class.
- To add materials, click on “Add Reserve Items.”
- Select the kind of item you wish to add (book chapter, article, etc).
- Enter the required fields (Book Title, Chapter Title, etc.) and hit submit. Staff will retrieve and scan/link the material as needed.
- The system will also allow you to upload your own material if you have it available.
Contact Reserves Staff (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.