Brings the Library to You!
Carolina BLU is UNC’s delivery service. To get started:
Step 1 – Create an account (UNC Faculty, Students, and Staff only).
Carolina BLU uses the InterLibrary Loan (ILLiad) service to request materials from other campus libraries.
For UNC Faculty, Students, and Staff:
- If you already have an InterLibrary Loan (ILLiad) account, you will also use it for the on-campus delivery service.
- Otherwise, create an Interlibrary Loan account to begin.
For UNC Library Borrower Card holders (non-affiliated users):
- No ILLiad account is needed, just proceed to the Request a Book form
- You will need to know your UNC Library Borrowers Card number to place requests
Step 2 – Submit your request.
Once you’ve created an ILLiad account, simply login and submit the appropriate request form. You can:
- Request books for campus delivery. Learn More.
- Request articles from UNC Libraries for electronic delivery. Learn More.
- Recall books currently checked out.
- Request books from storage / Library Service Center.
- Request books for Delivery by Mail.
Step 3 – Track your request.
Login to your Carolina BLU account and click on “outstanding requests” to track your request’s progress.
To renew items:
For books from UNC-Chapel Hill Libraries or TRLN Direct, login to your My Library Account.
For books from non-UNC Chapel Hill libraries (books with yellow paper sleeves), login to your Interlibrary Loan account.
*Carolina BLU services are limited to current UNC students, faculty, and staff. Service options may vary depending on your affiliation. North Carolina residents with a borrower’s card and registered borrowers from another University have some requesting options via this form.