The Scholarly Communications Office hosts or co-hosts training sessions to suit the needs of faculty, staff, and students at Carolina about copyright, the publishing process, or other topics about sustainable and discoverable scholarship. Please contact us if you would like to schedule a workshop.
Here are some related workshop subjects that we’ve found are popular:
- Reading and understanding your publication contract
- Copyright basics for teaching, publishing, and conference presentations, including using images and video
- Scholarly sharing: what may I share, when, and how?
- Open Access publishing options and their implications
- Author branding to make yourself more discoverable
At Carolina, we celebrate annual national and international events, such as Open Access Week and Fair Use Week. Throughout these weeks, we schedule informative and fun events to involve the campus, including speaker presentations, public domain movie screenings, boardgame nights, parody button-making popups in the library.
Contact us today!