- All workshops are in the Kenan Science Library, G301 Venable Hall, unless otherwise indicated.
- Registration is only required for the events indicated.
- Suggest other topics by emailing us, KenanMakerspace@unc.edu
For more events, see also:
BeAM workshops in Murray Hall and Hanes Art Center
University Libraries Research Hub Calendar
3D Design and Printing
Interested in 3D printing but don’t know where to start? Come learn about some tools that will help you bring your ideas to the physical world, and start designing with Tinkercad. Note: please bring a laptop computer and mouse to this workshop.
3D Design with Fusion 360
Need to make more complex 3D objects for printing or online environments? Take this class to start using Autodesk Fusion 360. Note: Please bring a laptop with Fusion 360 already installed (a free version version of Fusion 360 for educational use is available here).
- July 12, noon–1:00; registration required
Create Virtual Reality Environments with Unity 3D
Get started with the Unity game engine to create a 3D environment you can explore with a virtual reality headset. Note: Please bring a laptop with Unity already installed (download your free version here).
- July 19, noon–1:00; registration required
Virtual Reality Development Studio Orientation
This orientation will allow you to use our Virtual Reality Studio with the HTC Vive.
- Please email us for an appointment to take this orientation
Get started with Arduino, an open-source electronic development board useful for many fun and practical applications. Note: please bring a laptop computer to the workshop, and install the latest version of the Arduino software.
- May 29, noon–1:00
- June 27, noon–1:00
- July 16, noon–1:00