A graduate student research assistant position is available beginning on June 1, 2017 through July 31, 2017 in the SILS Library at UNC. This position is 20 hours/ week (no tuition reimbursement) with a monthly salary of $1,336.42.
If you are interested in applying, please send a brief email to Rebecca Vargha, SILS Librarian (email@example.com) by 5:00pm on May 9, 2017. Please include a brief paragraph describing how your skills and experience relate directly to this position, along with a copy of your current CV.
Preference will be given to candidates who have the following skills and experience:
- Library experience working in public services specifically circulation and reference.
- Experience/interest in collection development especially in serials, acquisitions and weeding projects.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly motivated, energetic team player.
- Ability to work creatively, collaboratively and effectively in a team setting and on independent projects.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work occasional nights and weekends
- Demonstrated organizational skills with a focus on accuracy and details.
- Ability to work both independently and on a team
- Works with the SILS Librarian and the SILS Library Technician to provide reference and bibliographic instruction.
- Duties include circulation, processing interlibrary loans and document delivery requests.
- Collection development including projects as assigned.
- Binding/preservation of serials and monographs.
- Check in, claiming, and ordering of serial titles.
- Stack management including shifting and serials.
- Working knowledge of LibGuides and social media tools including Pinterest and Facebook.
- Other duties as assigned.
- If you are UNC student in the Spring 2017 semester, then you must be registered in Summer School and/or pre-registered for the Fall 2017 Semester.
- If you are not a UNC Student in the Spring 2017 semester, then you must be registered for Summer School.