Position Title: Administrative Support Associate – Journey
Working Title: Administrative Support Associate
Position Number: 20020883
Hiring Range: $27,778 – $32,703
Closing Date: May 25, 2017
The Library Development Office coordinates and executes all fundraising, advocacy, and outreach activities that raise philanthropic support for the UNC Libraries. The Library Development Office also coordinates all Friends of the Library activities and manages the Friends of the Library Board. Philanthropic support from UNC donors and friends is crucial to the ongoing success of the UNC Libraries. Communication with, and engagement of, library donors/constituents takes place via personal visits (locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally), tours, special events, print communications (newsletters), annual fund appeals, e-communications (e-newsletters), etc.
This time-limited position will serve as an integral part of the Library Development Team by providing administrative support and fulfilling other duties. This support for the team-based Library Development Office will ensure annual fundraising goals are met/exceeded as well as a campaign goal of $50 million.
Minimum Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalency; or demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
The Administrative Support Associate will serve as part of an enthusiastic and energetic team that represents the UNC Libraries Development Office. The successful candidate must have:
• Experience working effectively within a fast paced, goal oriented, team-driven environment.
• Effective time management skills, the ability to handle multiple time sensitive projects at once, and a strong attention to detail.
• Strong collaboration skills and the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with internal colleagues such as library staff, campus-wide development staff as well as with external constituents such as alumni, donors, visitors, and board members.
• Experience coordinating meetings and meeting logistics via email, phone, Outlook Calendar, etc. and be proficient in utilizing computer software such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Be able to assist with event set up/break down, mailings, daily processing of donor letters, etc.
• The ability to actively and tactfully handle stressful work situations that may arise, such as assisting financial donors who need special assistance/guidance, or meeting strict deadlines and proactively identify potential problems/conflicts and begin to address them in a positive manner.
An Associate or Bachelor’s year degree; 2 – 3 years of experience working in a fast paced office environment, preferably in a fundraising office, a sales oriented office; a library administrative office, or an academic office; working knowledge of UNC Chapel Hill; experience assisting team members in coordinating appointments, travel, board meetings, communications, etc.
Special Physical and Mental Requirements
Ability to move between 10 – 15 pounds; ability to comfortably work in a fast paced, deadline-driven, and goal-oriented environment; ability to tactfully address problems or stressful situations.
Evening work occasionally, Night work occasionally, Overtime occasionally, Valid NC Driver’s License, Weekend work occasionally
Typically Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.; occasional nights and weekends to assist with special events and meetings.
To apply for permanent staff (SHRA) positions, please visit the Office of Human Resources Careers at Carolina website. For more information on application procedures, applicants may contact:
Office of Human Resources
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
104 Airport Drive CB #1045
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
UNC-Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans