TRLN Direct puts the rich collections of the TRLN Libraries at your fingertips. When this new service is fully operational next year, you will be able to request books from TRLN libraries directly from the online catalog, have them delivered to UNC, and renew them online – all without having to submit an interlibrary loan request.
For now, please continue to place borrowing requests for books from Duke, NC State, and NC Central using your Carolina BLU account. We will let you know when TRLN Direct is available.
To prepare for TRLN Direct we have made the following important changes.
If the book you receive has a WHITE sleeve with “TRLN Direct” on it:
- You can request to renew books online by logging on to My Library.
- Maximum loan period for the book will be 240 days for all eligible borrowers.
- Faculty, Graduate students, and Staff: 90-day loan with one 90-day renewal followed by one 60-day renewal.
- Undergraduate students: 30-day loan with seven 30-day renewals.
- Overdue books will accrue fines charged to your UNC Library account
If you have questions or comments contact Interlibrary Borrowing at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 962-1326.