The University Libraries’ Interlibrary Loan service provides rapid access to articles from select journals not available at UNC-Chapel Hill.
You can choose from two rapid delivery options:
- 0-4-hour delivery
- 24-hour delivery
How to Request
- When you locate an article from a journal that is not available online, begin an Interlibrary Loan request.
- On the Interlibrary Loan Article Request form, click the link to determine if the title is eligible for rapid delivery, if needed. Or, check the list of titles eligible for rapid delivery.
- Once verified, complete the Article Request form and use the drop-down box to indicate if rapid delivery is needed:
(Click for full size image)
- Standard: 1-3 business days. If no rapid delivery is selected, articles are normally delivered in 1-3 business days.
- Expedited: 24-hour delivery. Article requests from select journals will be filled usually within 24 hours.
- Urgent: 0-4-hour delivery. Articles needed urgently for research or clinical care are filled in four hours or less, even outside of business hours. The University Libraries pays $35 for each request, but there is no cost to you. This service is available to UNC-Chapel Hill faculty, graduate students, and staff.
If you have comments or questions, contact Interlibrary Loan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-962-1326.