Davis Hub Usage Guidelines
The Davis Library Research Hub Event Space is a flexible space for programs and presentations.
The space may be reserved by UNC Affiliates for purposes aligned with the work of the Research Hub. Bookings from organizations and groups lacking University sponsorship or affiliation are not accepted.
The Library reserves the right to judge the appropriateness of the event for the space, and to arbitrate between events seeking the same date and time. Preference will be given to events that demonstrate a direct relationship to scholarly research. Social events are acceptable if they promote connections between researchers.
- Availability: The presentation space in the Davis Research Hub is available for events during regular business hours, 9 am to 5 pm weekdays. All reservations must end by 4:30 pm.
- Exclusions: Events may NOT be held during exams or reading days. The Davis Hub’s presentation space may not be reserved for semester-long courses or more than three times by the same group in a year.
- Maximum Occupancy: 50 people
- Guest Responsibility: The Library does not have an event staff to assist with events. Guests are responsible for setup, and for cleaning up after an event.
- A/V Equipment: If needed, presenters will be introduced to special equipment by a staff member and provided with basic instructions. Consequently, presenters who wish such assistance are asked to schedule a brief meeting with a staff member prior to the date of their presentation. See list of equipment below.
- Furniture Arrangement: It is possible to rearrange the tables and chairs in the presentation space. The furniture has wheels, folds up and can be nested out of the way. The curved baffles around the perimeter, however, are not moveable. If guests rearrange the tables and chairs, they are responsible for maintaining the fire exit lanes required (as per the diagram below) and for returning the furniture to its original arrangement before departing.
- Cleaning Up: Guests are responsible for removing all trash generated by their event immediately after use to designated collection areas. Failure to do so may impact future reservation requests by your group.
The Library provides use of the space free of charge. We depend on your efforts to keep the room clean and put furniture back in its standard arrangement in order to maintain this no-cost approach.
Audio Visual Equipment
- Lenovo Computer (PC)
- DVD Player
- Extension cords (request in advance, specifying cord length if possible)