University Library Scholarly Communications Graduate Assistant
The University Library Scholarly Communications Office seeks qualified applicants for a 15 hr/wk Graduate Assistant. The Office provides guidance, policy development, and advocacy to faculty, students, and staff on copyright and fair use, authors’ rights, privacy rights, open access, and other information policy issues important to the creation and use of scholarly material. The position is available December 1, 2020 through May 31, 2021 with a salary of $1254.5 per month. All work for this position can be done remotely. Applicants must be enrolled as graduate students at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- In partnership with Repository Services staff, analyze publication patterns of UNC authors and create relevant reports for internal and external use.
- Identify content that is eligible for deposit under publisher agreements or the university’s open access policy and make it available through the Carolina Digital Repository
- Assist with outreach and communications through social media outlets
- General office tasks
- Demonstrated interest in scholarly communications and academic publishing
- General research skills
- Data entry experience
- Experience with outreach and communication through social media and other dissemination outlets
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- General knowledge of office procedures, reception, and office management
- Solid time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, manage multiple tasks, and focus on individual responsibilities in an open office environment
- Demonstrated ability in the use of information technologies and familiarity with Windows Office applications (especially Word and Excel), Adobe Creative Suite, email, internet and online resources
Review of applications will begin immediately. Interviews will be conducted starting December 1, 2020.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to:
SUBJ: Graduate Assistant