Stone Center Library Research Assistant
The Sonja Haynes Stone Center Library for Black Culture and History seeks qualified applicants for a 20 hour/week Research Assistant position. The position is available August 1, 2018, through July 31, 2019, with a salary of $1336.42/month. The person in this position would work primarily evening hours and would continue to work during fall and winter breaks. This position may also qualify for additional benefits. Applicants must be enrolled as a graduate student at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Staff circulation/reference desk and assist patrons.
- Act as a shift leader/key holder for required hours Monday through Thursday, 4:00 pm until 8:00 pm.
- Assist in the hiring and supervision of student staff.
- Assist in collection development and maintenance.
- Assist in content creation and maintenance of course/subject guides (LibGuides) and social media tools (WordPress, Twitter & Facebook).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous customer service experience, preferably in library circulation or reference.
- Demonstrated knowledge of or interest in African American and African Diaspora history and culture.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with a focus on accuracy and details.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of information technologies and familiarity with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Internet and online resources.
Review of applications will begin July 1, 2018, and continue until the position is filled.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to:
James G Moore
SUBJ: STONE RA