Stone Center Library Graduate Assistant
The Sonja Haynes Stone Center Library for Black Culture and History seeks qualified applicants for a 20 hour/week Graduate Assistant position. The position is available August 2, 2021, through May 31, 2022, with a salary of $1672.67/month. This is a salaried position with no additional benefits. Applicants must be enrolled as a graduate student at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Staff circulation/reference desk and assist patrons.
- Act as a supervisor/key holder during the Library Manager’s absence.
- Assist in the hiring, training, and supervision of student staff.
- Manage content creation and maintenance of course/subject guides (LibGuides) and social media platforms.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Previous customer service experience, preferably in library circulation or reference.
- Demonstrated knowledge of or interest in African American and African Diaspora history and culture.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with a focus on accuracy and details.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of information technologies and familiarity with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, electronic databases, and internet resources.
Review of applications will begin July 26, 2021, and continue until the position is filled.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to:
SUBJ: STONE Graduate Assistant