Resource Acquisitions & Management Graduate Assistant
Resource Acquisitions & Management in the University Libraries seeks qualified applicants for a 20 hour/week Graduate Assistant position, at a salary of $1672.67/month with no additional benefits. Applicants must be enrolled as a graduate student at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Resource Acquisitions & Management (RAM) within Davis Library acquires materials in all formats for the University Libraries. The department acquires print, non-print, and electronic monographic and continuing resources using a variety of acquisitions methods, expending an annual budget of approximately $12 million. Staff working with e-resources and other materials license, order, process invoices for and activate access for e-resources and track related usage statistics. Work in this position will provide firsthand exposure to the complex processes required to acquire, assess and manage access to resources across formats for a major research library. This position will also receive orientations to other departments to provide the necessary context for the department’s role within Technical Services and the University Libraries.
- Reviewing and interpreting licenses to compare them with internal guidelines, and documenting their terms in local systems
- Searching, creating, and maintaining records in the Electronic Resource Management system
- Maintaining a database of license agreements and their associated metadata
- Compiling data for electronic and print materials for analysis and decision-making
- Reviewing and updating internal documentation as necessary
- Conducting environmental scans on new licensing and acquisitions initiatives and offering input on how trends may affect local practices
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Experience with and interest in engaging deeply with detail-oriented work
- Ability to think creatively, critically and analytically
- Comfort with ambiguity, experimentation and self-directed learning
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
How To Apply
Please send a brief letter of interest and resume to Megan Kilb at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Resource Acquisitions & Management Graduate Assistant.” Application review will begin immediately, and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.