Research Assistant for Community Driven Collections
DEPARTMENT: Southern Historical Collection, Wilson Special Collections Library, UNC Libraries
SUMMARY: UNC Library’s Mellon Grant for Community Driven Archives seeks a task oriented and conscientious individual to serve as our research assistant for collections. Reporting to the Community Archivist this person will ensure that any materials (scanned photos, oral histories, data sets, websites, etc.) are properly described and stewarded to the specifications of the respective communities.
Start Date: June 1, 2019
End Date: March 31, 2021
- Implement clear file naming conventions and folder structures for born digital and digitized community-based collections
- Track gift agreements, deposit agreements, and consent forms for the projects
- Follow workflows and execute spreadsheets for data collection
- Draft blogs, tweets, Facebook events to promote the work of the grant
- Other tasks as delegated by the Community Archivist
- Proficient with Microsoft Office/365 applications
- General familiarity with archives in academic libraries – function, workflows, etc.
- BA in a related field
- Currently enrolled in a graduate degree program
- Experience with data visualization tools like Timeline JS, Tableau, etc.
The position is for 20 hours per week at a salary of $1336/month ($16,037/year).
Please submit a resume and cover letter to: Sonoe Nakasone, firstname.lastname@example.org