Photo/Video Student Assistant
The University Libraries Communications office is seeking a student assistant to create photo and video for social media, marketing and promotion.
The position is available for Fall 2022 semester (August-December 2022). The successful applicant must be enrolled as a student at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Weekend and evening work may be requested.
- Outstanding photography and video skills;
- Ability to shoot and edit video content for social media;
- Strong command of Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Premiere, or equivalent editing software;
- Creativity, combined with attention to detail;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a service orientation;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Ability to accept creative critique and apply creative criticism in a professional manner;
- Ability to complete projects on deadline.
Primary duties and expectations
- Photograph a variety of library subjects and “library life” including but not limited to events, exhibits, spaces, people, and materials to be used on social media and the library website. Photography assignments will include photojournalism, posed and staged shots)
- Work with supervisor and social media manager to produce video content for social media (twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok).
- Assist in uploading and editing content on the library’s digital asset management system (PhotoShelter).
- Follow creative briefs and complete tasks on time.
- Maintain weekly working hours as negotiated with supervisor.
- Attend regular meetings with supervisor and occasional departmental meetings
- Other work as assigned.
To apply you must submit the following items:
Link to portfolio;
Resume and brief cover letter;
Library’s Application for Student Assistant Employment
Three relevant references with contact information.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
To apply, fill out the student assistant application, and contact:
- Aleah Michelle Howell - Multimedia & Visual Communications Spec.
- (919) 962-8026