Media Resources Center Research Assistant
The MRC Research Assistant helps students, faculty, and staff with audio and video projects in the Media Resources Center’s media lab in the Undergraduate Library and provides direct support for our media and digital literacy program and services. The RA offers training in the use of new technologies and the opportunity to investigate new methods and emerging technologies related to digitization and multimedia production. This position will also gain experience in the development and provision of digital literacy training materials and workshops along with working on special projects related to collection development and public service.
Under the supervision of the Media Resources Librarian and working directly with Media Center staff, this position requires 20 hours per week; some Sunday work is required. The position is available August 1, 2018 with a salary of $1336.42/month. Applicants must be enrolled as a graduate student at UNC-CH for the duration of employment.
- Works well in a public service environment with a diverse University clientele
- Motivated to learn new technologies
- Familiarity with multimedia, including streaming audio and video
- Mac OS Experience
- Strong computer skills and technical knowledge
- Ability to work independently after training
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated experience with audio- and video-production equipment
- Demonstrated experience with video-editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro
- Experience with audio-editing equipment and software such as Pro Tools, Logic & Reason
Please send a letter of interest, CV, and contact information for 2 references to: Winifred Fordham Metz, Media Librarian & Head of the Media Resources Center (firstname.lastname@example.org) & Katelyn Ander, Media Center Manager (email@example.com )