Lead Purchasing Specialist, Library Fiscal Services
Position Title: Purchasing Specialist – Journey
Working Title: Lead Purchasing Specialist
Position Number: 20003477
Hiring Range: $51,487 – $63,615
Closing Date: January 11, 2022
The University Libraries are committed to increasing the diversity of its staff, and therefore welcomes applications from candidates who bring additional dimensions to our mission and work. The University Libraries invest proudly in our employees, strive to create a diverse environment of respect and collaboration, and encourage vision and innovation.
This position functions as the lead purchaser of goods and services for the University Library. The main responsibilities of this position include:
- Completing research, data gathering and transactional steps to obtain goods and services for the library.
- Assists with information gathering and organizing in support of operations budget management.
- Provides professional, advisory, technical and administrative skills to develop, manage and monitor the library’s purchasing operations.
- Ensures purchasing operations and purchasing budget are conducted and managed within a framework of purchasing principles and goals.
- Understands and appropriately applies all applicable Federal, State and University rules, regulations, and guidelines.
- Assists with tracking, reconciling and management of Library p-card purchases.
- Negotiates best economic outcomes for the library in all phases of procurement.
- Coordinates receiving and delivery logistics with Library Facilities staff.
- Conducts, reconciles, and reports on the University’s and Library’s inventory counts.
- Creates and updates documentation on purchasing and receiving operation.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree; or Associate’s degree and two years of related experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Required Qualifications, Competencies, and Experience
Demonstrated and verifiable ability to:
- Work well with others in a team atmosphere.
- Work ubiquitously with digital and mobile technologies.
- Communicate clearly, knowledgeably, and personably both orally and in writing.
- Use a variety of computer skills including word processing, email, web browsers, workflow management applications and spreadsheets or databases.
- Strong attention to detail, time-management and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Relevant customer service experience.
Preferred Qualifications, Competencies, and Experience
Preferred experience with Connect Carolina and previous knowledge of University Rules/Regulations.
Valid NC driver’s license
Special Physical and Mental Requirements
Must have the ability to lift and/or move 50 lbs with or without accommodation.; may be required to stoop, kneel or crouch.
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
To apply for permanent staff (SHRA) positions, please visit the Office of Human Resources Careers at Carolina website. For more information on application procedures, applicants may contact:
Office of Human Resources
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
104 Airport Drive CB #1045
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.