Information Associate & Student Supervisor, Health Sciences Library
Position Title: University Library Technician – Advanced
Working Title: Information Associate & Student Supervisor
Position Number: 00032732
Hiring Range: $42,983 – $49,337
Closing Date: October 6, 2021
The Information Associate & Student Supervisor in the User Services Department at the Health Sciences Library provides circulation and information services to library patrons in person, on the phone, via email and using online chat. Additional public service duties are to help troubleshoot basic technical problems with computers, printers and copiers.
The primary responsibilities of this position are to recruit, hire, train, and evaluate student employees, managing access to the library’s physical collections and overseeing the maintenance of all public shelving areas throughout the library and monitor and identify space and shelving needs.
The Information Associate & Student Supervisor will create, spend, and monitor the student wage budget and make staffing adjustments as needed. This position will also assist in creating LibGuides and editing LibGuide content.
Minimum Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalency and two years of experience in library services, office support, or related field; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
In order to succeed in this position, the selected candidate must:
- have experience working with diverse users in a public service setting
- be a flexible and reliable self-starter with excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- be accurate and able to attend to details
- have the ability to problem solve and set priorities among multiple responsibilities
- possess basic skills with current standard office software and equipment and have the ability to acquire new skills as processes and systems change
- have aptitude for acquiring new computer skills
- be dedicated to analyzing work processes and suggesting improvements
- Prior library experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of integrated library systems
- Experience with LibApps
- Supervisory experience
Evening work, Night work, Shift work, Weekend work
Shift Premium Pay (https://hr.unc.edu/employees/class-comp/policies/shift-premium/)
Sunday – Thursday, 4pm – 12am
To apply for this position, please visit the Office of Human Resources Careers at Carolina website. For more information on application procedures, applicants may contact:
Office of Human Resources
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
104 Airport Drive CB #1045
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.