Health Sciences Library Graduate Assistant
Health Sciences Library
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
The Health Sciences Library (HSL) is seeking applicants for 20 hour/week graduate assistant (GA) positions in the area of Clinical, Academic, & Research Engagement.
The HSL serves faculty, students, and staff in schools of Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the UNC Health Care system which includes an 800+-bed teaching hospital; and the North Carolina AHEC statewide program for health professionals’ education. The library is nationally recognized for its leadership in outreach and education services.
The library develops partnerships with constituent groups and individuals to enhance their education, teaching, scholarship, patient care, practice and research roles. This may involve helping patrons make use of the library’s collections and services; answering questions and finding the best evidence; using and creating information in varied formats; finding and managing data; complying with public access policies; developing information literacy competencies; and more.
After orientation and training:
- Provide on-site support for service operations, including curbside pick-up of library materials, retrieving and returning materials to closed stacks
- Monitor telephone, e-mail, and chat virtual reference
- Assist in creating and updating both web and print user guides and documentation
- Contribute to library projects as assigned. Examples include: support for online workshops (i.e., help cover chat during remote sessions, registration, evaluations), data cleaning/collection for impact measure and visualization team
- Must be a currently enrolled graduate student at UNC Chapel Hill
- Graduate student in library or information science preferred
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and aptitude for acquiring new skills and working effectively with library users
- Demonstrated excellent time management, problem-solving, interpersonal, and communication skills
Schedule, Salary and Benefits
20 hours a week. Monthly salary is $1,454.00. University Libraries pays Student Mandatory Health Insurance Fee. Flexible schedule including some weekend and evening hours. Position starts August 10, 2020.
Send a current resume and cover letter to Jennifer Walker, Graduate Research Assistant Supervisor: email@example.com. Applications will be review as received. Position will be open until filled.
For more information about this position, please contact Jennifer Walker at 443-995-3772 or Jennifer_Walker@unc.edu