Home › Library Human Resources Office › Job Opportunities › Facilities Coordinator
Position Title: Facility Maintenance Technician – Building Trade – Journey
Working Title: Facilities Coordinator
Position Number: 00017030
Hiring Range: $36,734 – $46,938
Closing Date: May 19, 2023
Primary Purpose of Organizational Unit
The University Libraries aspires to set the standard for public university research libraries in the digital age.
As one of the premier libraries in the South, we are an essential partner in the research, education, clinical care, and public service missions of UNC-Chapel Hill. The library system includes 10 on-campus Libraries, with nearly 10 million volumes, rich archival collections, and a growing investment in digital collections.
The University Libraries serves campus and broader communities that reflect the socioeconomic, ethnic, and religious diversity of the state of North Carolina, and we maintain a welcoming, inclusive, and open educational and workplace climate for all. We strive to create an environment of respect and collaboration where vision and innovation can flourish. Learn more about our Strategic Framework — including our pillars, values, and priorities by visiting, https://library.unc.edu/about/strategic-framework/.
This position serves as the Facilities Coordinator for the UNC Libraries. Supervised by and working together with the Library Facilities Manager, this position will work to integrate people, places, technology, and processes within the built environment, with the purpose of supporting and improving the quality of worklife of people and the productivity of the core business.
- Provides a safe, clean, well maintained environment for approximately one million square feet across multiple facilities.
- Provides support and coordination for facility issues in the Library buildings.
- Develops and/or assists in the completion of facility, maintenance, and safety projects and staffing needs.
- Assigns and performs skilled work.
- Supports telecommunications, receiving and delivery of commodities, surplus, recycling, inventory tagging and tracking, and van maintenance and reservations.
- Supports work with building access and security systems.
- Supports work with safety regulations and practices; reports or corrects problems.
- Maintains records and documentation.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
High school diploma or equivalency; or demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work. Optional Guidelines: Experience in the trade(s) areas related to the area of assignment may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
Required Qualifications, Competencies, and Experience
- Demonstrated ability in project management and organizational workflow.
- Demonstrated ability with financial reconciliation and budgeting.
- Ability to analyze complex and sensitive situations independently and solve problems.
- Ability to work productively, collaboratively, and diplomatically with stakeholders inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to assign tasks to and oversee the work of individuals not reporting to the position.
- Ability to communicate detailed information and instructions in written and oral form to stakeholders and audiences.
- Demonstrated experience and facility with Microsoft Office tools.
- Experience creating welcoming and inclusive learning and research environments.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with diverse user communities, including students, faculty, researchers, colleagues, and community members.
- Familiarity with facilities and space planning.
- Prior experience in higher education, libraries, or cultural institutions, or interest in the mission of an academic library.
- Prior experience with software used for project management.
Special Physical/Mental Requirements
Ability to move boxes or equipment (up to approx. 20 pounds) with or without accommodations
Position/Schedule Requirements Valid NC Driver’s License
Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm
To apply for this position, please visit the Office of Human Resources Careers at Carolina website. For more information on application procedures, applicants may contact the Office of Human Resources at (919) 843-2300 or send an email to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.