Chinese Student Assistant for East Asian Collection, Davis Library
- Hours/week: ~15
- Wage: $7.25 / hr.
- Start Date: February, 1 2019
The East Asian Collections is hiring a qualified applicant for a 15 hr./week Student Assistant position. Weekday hours are flexible. Training will be provided.
Main duties include:
- Pre-order processing: check for the duplicate before place a new order.
- Receiving materials: unpack newly arrived materials such as books, journals, DVDs, etc., and verify invoiced items.
- Contributing to department social media pages regularly and maintain the Global Browsing Collection. Use Mail Chimp to prepare and send email marketing campaigns (Newsletter and such).
- Graphic design: to create flyers, posters, brochures, newsletters and all kinds of promotional materials).
- Other duties as assigned, such as answering the phone, Xeroxing, assisting with event setup etc.
- Fluency in Chinese (speaking and reading) is required.
- Outstanding graphic design skills and experience. Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suites a plus (Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign).
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Solid social media experience, well versed with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc.
- Attentive to detail, self-motivated, and able to work effectively both independently and in a collaborative environment.
Please send a letter of interest and describing your skills, samples of your work (optional) along with the Student Assistant Application to Ms. Lily Kirkhoff (see contact info below). Thank you.
To apply, fill out the student assistant application, and contact:
- Lily Kirkhoff - Assistant to the East Asian Librarian
- (919) 962-1278