Art Library Research Assistant
The Sloane Art Library seeks qualified applicants for a 20 hr/wk Research Assistant position. The position is available August 1 with a salary of $1336.42 a month. This position may qualify for additional benefits, including the graduate student health insurance. Applicants must be enrolled as a graduate student at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Provide reference and circulation assistance at the Art Library’s service desk
- Supervise student assistants providing desk coverage during some evening or weekend hours, or other periods when full-time staff are not present
- Assist with library instruction for art history and studio art courses
- Assist with collection development and maintenance
- Assist in content creation and maintenance of course/subject guides (LibGuides) and social media tools (Facebook, Instagram)
- Other projects as assigned
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- A background or demonstrated interest in art history research or studio art practice.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, manage multiple tasks, and focus on individual responsibilities in an open office environment with frequent interruptions for patron service
Review of applications will begin July 13 and continue until the position is filled.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to:
SUBJ: Art Library RA
For more information about the position, please contact: