Art Library Graduate Assistant
The Sloane Art Library seeks qualified applicants for a 20 hr/wk Graduate Assistant position. The position is available August 1 with a salary of $1672.67 a month. This is a salaried position with no additional benefits. Applicants must be enrolled as a graduate student at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Provide reference and circulation assistance at the Art Library’s service desk
- Supervise student assistants providing desk coverage when full-time staff are not present
- Assist with library instruction for art history and studio art courses
- Assist with collection development and maintenance
- Assist in content creation and maintenance of course/subject guides (LibGuides) and social media tools (Instagram, Facebook)
- Other projects as assigned
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- A background or demonstrated interest in art history research or studio art practice.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, manage multiple tasks, and focus on individual responsibilities in an open office environment with frequent interruptions for patron service
Review of applications will begin July 26 and continue until the position is filled.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to:
SUBJ: Art Library GA
For more information about the position, please contact: