The Design Lab, located in the House Undergraduate Library, is devoted to the teaching and learning of digital design. Open to UNC students, staff or faculty members, the Lab is where you can work on any design project for a class assignment, student organization, or professional/personal development.*
Ask for help at the entry level service desk. Desk hours are available on the Libraries & Hours page.
SkillfUL Tech Workshops
We offer workshops to help you get started on your projects and introduce you to digital design software and concepts. WordPress, Photoshop, InDesign, and more! Find all the details on the SkillfUL website.
Design Lab staff members are ready to help instructors incorporate media assignments into new or existing courses. We can work with you to develop assignments to target the desired digital literacies and provide instruction to your students in design principles and software. We have taught classes on:
- print and online publication design (brochures, posters, infographics, social media graphics, etc.)
- website development
- presentation design (PowerPoint, Prezi)
Contact Suchi Mohanty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use the Lab
- 10 Windows PCs equipped with the Adobe Creative Suite and web development software
- Scanners for every kind of project: quick and efficient sheet-fed scanners, large-format high-resolution scanners for images and film, and a high-speed book scanner**
- Reserve time with the HTC Vive headset at the Virtual Reality Station
*Those not affiliated with UNC wishing to use the Design Lab for educational purposes may contact Suchi Mohanty at email@example.com or 919-843-3335.
**Users are liable for any infringement of laws or regulations they commit in use of library equipment. Please contact the library’s Scholarly Communications Office if you have any questions.