The University Libraries is carefully following guidance from the University and from state authorities regarding the spread of COVID-19. We will update this page to reflect changes to library services as this situation evolves.
- All library services are now delivered remotely. All library buildings are closed.
- All University Libraries public program and events have been cancelled through the end of the academic year.
- All Library materials have been automatically renewed so no fines will accrue.
For news and resources on COVID-19 itself, see the Health Sciences Library’s guide.
- Library Reopening Survey for Faculty and Graduate Students Your answers by July 2 will help inform our ongoing planning process. More
- A Message to UNC-Chapel Hill Graduate and Professional Students from University Librarian Elaine Westbrooks Even though library buildings are closed, we are here for you as you seek to maintain your research program and to continue with teaching or other obligations. More
- Expanded E-Book Offerings during Pandemic via HathiTrust Carolina affiliates will have temporary emergency access to more than 1.1 million books through the University Libraries’ membership in the non-profit collaborative. More
- Libraries will move to remote consultations and services only beginning March 18 All campus library buildings will be closed. Libraries will offer reference, consultation and instruction services online. More
- From University Librarian Elaine Westbrooks: Library Services and Hours The University Libraries will increase remote services and reduce building hours in light of the campus response to COVID-19. More
Changes to Operations & Hours
All Library buildings are closed until further notice.
Changes to Document Delivery and Interlibrary Loan
Carolina BLU Document Delivery and Interlibrary Loan services are currently limited to materials we can provide remotely:
- Article requests will be processed and filled with electronic copies whenever possible.
- Requests for physical materials will be processed when the University returns to normal operations.
Additional Updates and Information from UNC
For the latest campus-wide info on UNC’s policies and updates, please see Coronavirus Updates.