Please be advised that duplication services may not be available for some materials. Reproduction of materials will be governed by any and all of the restrictions that govern the research use of a specific item or collection, including item condition and donor agreements. Because clear copies cannot always be made from original materials, copies are purchased at the risk of the researcher.
To order reproductions from Wilson Library:
- Register as a library user (required).
- Email us at email@example.com with:
- The call number and description for the item(s) to be copied.
- The deliverable format you would like (see below).
- Your contact information (name, address, and phone number).
All copies of special collections materials are for personal research use only. Every request for copies of materials held in Wilson Library constitutes an agreement that the researcher will not further reproduce, publish, broadcast, sell, or otherwise use the copied materials in excess of fair use without the agreement of the copyright owner. For information on public use and permission to publish, please see our Permissions and Citations page.
The following is provided for your information only. Do not send any payment prior to receiving an invoice or request for payment from our staff. Please note that reproduction of exceptional items may be subject to additional fees.
|Copies for personal reference|
|Reference copy||$0.25 / scan + 5% handling|
|Digitize manuscript folder *||$31.50 / folder|
|Retrieve existing digitized folder||$10.50 / folder|
|Copies for publication, broadcast, or exhibition|
|Publishable-quality scan of a flat document, photograph, or photographic slide/negative||$10.50 / scan|
|Publishable-quality scan of oversize or fragile materials||$15.75 / scan|
|Retrieve existing publishable-quality digital file||$5.25 / file|
|Copies of audio and video materials|
|Digitize audio/video||$25.00 / item|
|Retrieve existing digital audio/video file||$8.25 / file|
|Burn audio/video to disc (CD-R or DVD-R)||$36.50 / disc|
|Burn existing digital audio/video file to disc (CD-R or DVD-R)||$16.00 / disc|
|High Quality Inkjet Prints|
|8.5″ x 11″ (Letter)||$9.45 / image|
|11.7″ x 16.5″ (A3)||$14.70 / image|
|13″ x 19″ (Super A3; Super B)||$16.80 / image|
|Larger than 13″ x 19″ up to 24″ x 30″ **||$26.25 / image|
|Burn digital files to disc||$5.25 / disc|
|Special handling (extremely large or fragile materials)||$52.50 / item|
|Shipping and handling||$5.00 / package|
* In order to reduce the wear on our unique materials, requests for copies of significant portions of one or more manuscript folders will be priced by the folder rather than the individual item
** We do not have the capability to make prints larger than 23.5″ on the shortest side.
- Payment in advance is required, but do not send any payment until you have received an invoice or request for payment from our staff.
- Do not provide credit card information outside of the UNC Libraries secure online payment system.
- Services are rendered on a first-come, first-served basis. Large reproduction orders will be done on an as-time-permits basis or referred to a Library-approved outside vendor.
- We require that proper citation be given for any copied item quoted from or reproduced in any publication or public exhibition. Please see our Permissions & Citation page for more details.
- We are not responsible for orders lost in the mail.
- We reserve the right to make digitized materials freely available online once a researcher has paid for the initial digitization.
- We will not make copies of manuscript collections that have been microfilmed. The microfilm for these collections may be requested through Interlibrary Lending or accessed in the reading room where copies can be made.