Visiting scholars must receive official appointments to a UNC college, school, department or organized research unit. Your UNC One Card serves as your library card. Once you have received your UNC PID and Onyen, please come to the Davis Library Circulation desk to be registered. Those affiliated with Health Affairs should contact the Health Sciences Library.
The libraries provide access to collections, borrowing privileges, and other services to our visiting scholars and postdocs including:
- Access to online resources are available on campus and remotely via the libraries’ proxy server.
- 90 day loan period for most circulating books plus online renewal through My Library.*
- Carolina BLU book delivery to a nearby University Library or to a campus box number, if you have a departmental address.
- A faculty study, in the Davis Library if space is available.
We encourage researchers to take advantage of our research consultation services. Tell us a little bit about your research, and one of our subject specialists will contact you to set up an individual appointment to review local resources and explore strategies for finding further information
The libraries welcome suggestions from visiting scholars for titles to purchase.
Non-Affiliated Visiting Scholars
The University Libraries welcome the use of our collections by independent researchers. For more information regarding services available to you, please see our Visitor Information page.
* Circulation loan periods vary among campus libraries