UNC Chapel Hill Libraries - Home
GIS & Data Services: Policies
- Individual assistance is available for the following tasks: locating GIS and data resources; locating, acquiring and formatting data; and projecting spatial data.
- One-on-one software training is beyond the scope of our services.
- Our public GIS computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- During busy times, priority is given to academic work or to current affiliates of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Users may create a folder on the hard disk of one of our public GIS computers to save their GIS work. This data is not backed up.
- Software and data may be licensed and subject to restrictions on who can use it and how it can be used. We provide GIS users with public domain data and any other data and software that we can under the terms of the licenses.
- Due to license restrictions, Esri GIS software (available via North Carolina site license) is for non-commercial uses only.
- We ask that our patrons honor our license agreements with software and data vendors.
- We do not offer large format printing. Large format printing options on or near campus include the Student Stores Print Shop and PhD Posters.