Any UNC One Card holder or registered library borrower can request a book or item that is currently checked out to another patron. Please note that Media Resources Center items cannot be recalled.
UNC One Card holders
Current students, faculty, and staff can use the Carolina BLU campus delivery service to recall a book.
To recall a book:
- From the catalog, select the little truck icon next to the individual item’s record. You can also login directly to your Carolina BLU account and complete the delivery form by hand;
- Login to your account using your ONYEN;
- Be sure the drop-down menu says “Recall UNC Copy”;
- Indicate your preferred pickup location. UNC students and staff can choose any campus library; UNC faculty can also have materials delivered to their Campus Box (CB).
North Carolina residents with a borrower’s card or a registered borrower from another university can place a hold or recall on an item that is currently checked out or request material in storage or at the Library Service Center using our Request form.
To recall a book via the catalog:
- Select the little truck icon found on the individual item’s record in the catalog;
- Select the Request form link mentioned under the heading “Non-Affiliated Borrowers”;
- The form should populate with the book’s information;
- Enter in your book/item location;
- Enter in your personal information;
- Click Submit.