Submit a Letter of Resignation
To resign from a position in the University Library, a letter of resignation should be submitted to your supervisor (with a cc: to the Library Director) indicating that you are leaving your position. Please be sure to include your last day of work (mm/dd/yyyy). An SPA employee is expected to notify their supervisor in writing at least two weeks (10 business days) prior to the last intended work day of a voluntary resignation; for an EPA position, we suggest one month. The Library Director initials the copy of the resignation letter and forwards the letter to the Library Personnel Office.
Upon receiving the initialed copy of the Resignation Letter, the Library Personnel Office will forward a Notice of Termination to the Human Resources Benefits Department and they will send you an exit packet to complete for the University.
In addition to notifying the Benefits Office, upon receiving the initialed copy of the Resignation Letter the Library Personnel Office will contact you to schedule a Library Exit Interview. The Exit Interview should take approximately 15 minutes and will cover such topics as:
- Vacation and Sick Leave Balances
- Keys (to buildings, desks, drawers, filing cabinets, etc.)
- Parking Permits (when to hand in, where to return)
- Mailing Address (how to file a Change of Address with the University if necessary)
- How to handle your Final Paycheck
- Release of Employment Information Form