Research Assistant, East Asian Resources, Davis Library
The East Asian Resources department of Davis Library seeks qualified applicants for a 10 hour/week Research Assistant position. The position is available August 1, 2017 through May 31, 2018. Applicants must be enrolled as a graduate student at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and must possess written and verbal fluency in Japanese.
- Ordering, check-in and assisting catalogers to catalog Japanese materials.
- Update and maintain library guides relating to Japan Studies and Japanese Language Studies.
- Communicating and assisting with faculty of Japan/Japanese studies for their request relating to Japanese material.
- Contributing to department social media pages and working on special projects as assigned.
- Work with East Asian librarian on outreach to bolster collection development.
- Assisting the EAR Librarian in various projects.
- Verbal, reading and written fluency in Japanese.
- Excellent organizational, communication and time-management skills.
- Attention to detail, ability to work effectively both independently and in a collaborative environment.
To be eligible for Research Assistant employment, the individual must be a currently registered graduate student at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. This position is for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Please send a completed job application and CV to Li Kirkhoff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department: GRAS – East Asian Resources
Date Available: 08/01/2017
This position may also qualify for additional benefits, including the graduate student health insurance.