Research Assistant, Davis Library, Interlibrary Services Department
The Interlibrary Services Department in Davis Library is seeking applicants for a Research Assistant position. Applicants must be enrolled as a graduate student at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Available: August 1, 2017 – May 31, 2018 (with possibility for Summer continuation)
Hours/Salary: 20 hours per week; 4 hours per day, with some flexibility. Salary paid monthly ($1336.42/month). This position may also qualify for additional benefits, including the graduate student health insurance. This position does not include a tuition award.
- Assist with all aspects of processing interlibrary loan materials received from other libraries for UNC patrons and providing materials to other libraries from the University Library collections.
- Work with Borrowing staff to fill requests for loans and copies from UNC patrons with priority given to expediting the receipt of items from TRLN (Triangle Research Libraries Network) member libraries.
- Work with Lending staff to fill interlibrary loan requests from state, national and international libraries for loans and copies from campus libraries with priority given to expediting requests from TRLN member libraries.
- Use ILLiad, OCLC WorldShare ILL, and TRLN Direct interlibrary loan management systems and electronic delivery software to update, receive, and manage requests.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to perform detailed and precise work following established procedures to meet service goals
- Ability to work independently yet request assistance when appropriate
- Experience with interlibrary loan (OCLC and ILLiad), scanning, and Microsoft applications desirable, but not required
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to:
Head of Interlibrary Services