Digital Collections Specialist, Library & Information Technology (Time-Limited position)
Position Title: Technology Support Specialist – Contributing
Working Title: Digital Collections Specialist
Position Number: 20025397
Hiring Range: $42,593 – $56,825
Closing Date: December 19, 2017
This position is to provide a primary role in support of the digital asset management system (DAMS), which is currently CONTENTdm, used by the libraries as a discovery and access mechanism for digital collections. This position will manage the system, the service, and the content to support the projects and life-cycle of digital objects. Work will include but is not limited to: managing users and access, creating collections, training users, creating documentation, uploading collections, fixing errors, responding to issues, liaising with external partners and IT colleagues.
Minimum Education and Experience
– Associate’s degree in Computer Information Technology, Computer Technology Integration; Networking Technology, or related areas and two years of experience in the Information Technology field related to the position’s role; or a
– Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution and three years of experience in the Information Technology Field related to the position’s role, or a
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math or Engineering from an appropriately accredited institution and one year of experience in the Information Technology Field related to the position’s role; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
– Journey level requires an additional one year of experience.
– Advanced level requires an additional two years of experience.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
The Digital Collections Specialist must have:
– Strong organizational skills.
– Interest in and aptitude for learning new technology and tools.
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
– Attention to detail.
– Commitment to accuracy.
– Ability to work independently and take direction.
– Familiarity with spreadsheet and documentation tools like MS Excel, Wikis/Confluence.
– Experience managing large amounts of images or audiovisual content.
– Experience with a Digital Asset Management System (DAMS) such as CONTENTdm.
– Experience in Libraries, museums, archives, or galleries.
– Experience with digital objects and metadata.
– Experience with project management.
Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
To apply for permanent staff (SHRA) positions, please visit the Office of Human Resources Careers at Carolina website. For more information on application procedures, applicants may contact:
Office of Human Resources
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
104 Airport Drive CB #1045
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
UNC-Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans