All campus libraries will be closed until at least 8 a.m. on Friday, Jan. 19.
Communications/PR Student Assistant
- Hours/week: ~10
- Wage: $12.50 / hr.
- Start Date: January, 22 2018
Work on campus. Build your portfolio. Flexible hours with offsite options.
The UNC Library’s communications office seeks a student assistant with an interest in communications, public relations, or marketing for approximately 10 to 12 hours per week. You will be part of a small team that promotes library services and events, builds relationships with the UNC community, and supports outreach efforts.
You will help us manage web and social media accounts, run events, research and draft content, and assist with general tasks and special projects.
You must bring to this position solid writing skills and exacting attention to detail; familiarity with common social media platforms and practices; a service orientation with excellent communication and interpersonal skills; curiosity and creativity; and an ability to work on deadline with minimal supervision. Photography, image editing, and/or design skills a plus.
Please submit ALL of the following to Judy Panitch, director of library communications, (firstname.lastname@example.org). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Cover letter and resume;
- At least two relevant references (previous employers or instructors) with contact information;
- Samples of your best work or a link to your online portfolio. Must include examples of your PR writing, such as news briefs, reporting, or features (no academic essays or creative writing, please);
- Application for student employment.
To apply, fill out the student assistant application, and contact:
- Judy Panitch - Director of Library Communications
- (919) 843-3619