The Research and Instructional Services (R&I) Department of the Louis R. Wilson Special Collections Library seeks qualified applicants for a 10 hr/wk Temporary Research Assistant positions. The position is available October 1, 2014, through May 31, 2015, with a salary of $616.67/month. Applicants must be enrolled as a graduate student at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Assist researchers who visit one of the Special Collections Library’s reading rooms
- Research and answer remote inquiries from patrons
- Assist R&I staff in class instruction sessions
- Monitor reading rooms to ensure that proper security and preservation policies are followed
- Experience working in a special collections library
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Solid time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, manage multiple tasks, and focus on individual responsibilities in an open office environment
- Demonstrated ability in the use of information technologies and familiarity with Windows Office applications (especially Word and Excel), email, Internet and online resources
Applications will be accepted through Friday, October 10.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to:
SUBJ: Wilson R&I TRA