Temporary Research Assistant
Sloane Art Library
A graduate student research assistant position is available immediately through August 31, 2015, with the possibility of continuation into the fall 2015-spring 2016 semesters. This position provides administrative support to the Principle Investigator for the Learning from Artists’ Archives IMLS grant project (see description here: http://bit.ly/1kBzUAu).
- Create an overall design (cover, page layout, fonts, etc.) for a workbook on artists’ archives that will be published online before October 2015. Assist w/ creating photographs and acquiring additional images for publication, as well as securing image rights.
- Manage the project’s website on WordPress (http://artiststudioarchives.org/), including troubleshooting and adding/updating content.
- Handle press releases, social media, and other announcements for the project.
- Participate in monthly grant-related working meetings and providing administrative support to PI and co-PIs working on projects related to the grant.
- Provide support for events planning related to the grant, including a day-long workshop at the North Carolina Museum of Art in October 2015.
- Evidence of WordPress, website design, and graphic design skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Effective organizational skills that include flexibility, responsiveness, and the ability to work as part of a team and independently on discrete projects.
- Educational background related to art as evidenced by a degree in studio art, architecture/design, or art history.
If you are interested, please send a brief email to Heather Gendron (Head, Sloane Art Library firstname.lastname@example.org) by May 8, 2015. Please include a brief paragraph describing how your skills and experience relate to this position, along with an updated CV, and at least one reference.
Work Schedule: 5 hours/week
Start Date: Immediately
End Date: 31 August 2015 (with possible renewal for fall semester)
Salary: $3,800 ($316.67/month)