The Research and Instructional Services (R&I) Department of the Louis R. Wilson Special Collections Library seeks qualified applicants for a 20 hr/wk Research Assistant position. The position is available September 1, 2017 through May 31, 2018, with a salary of $1336.42/month. Applicants must be enrolled as a graduate student at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. This position may also qualify for additional benefits, including graduate student health insurance.
- Assist librarians with planning, researching, and preparing library-related instruction sessions
- Assist patrons in our special collections reading rooms (some weekend work will be required)
- Research and answer remote inquiries from patrons
- Monitor reading rooms to ensure that proper security and preservation policies are followed
- Experience working in a special collections library
- Committed to pursuing a career in special collections
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Solid time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, manage multiple tasks, and focus on individual responsibilities in an open office environment
- Demonstrated ability in the use of information technologies and familiarity with Windows Office applications (especially Word and Excel), email, Internet and online resources
Applications will be accepted through 1 August 2017.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to:
SUBJ: Wilson R&I Fall/Spring RA
For more information about the position, please contact: