Are you the type of person who would design your own party invitations? Love thinking about typography, color, and layout? Interested in helping students use Adobe software to express their creativity?
The Undergraduate Library is looking for a summer graduate assistant who will work in our Design Lab to support digital literacy on campus, encouraging media literacy and multimedia production both in the curriculum and in students’ extracurricular personal/professional activities.
- Create asynchronous instructional modules for multimedia production by locating existing tutorials and resources, or creating them when necessary.
- Create instructional materials for faculty to use when assigning multimedia projects such as brochures, websites, infographics, magazines, etc.
- Provide design assistance to students using Adobe software, as well as other publication design software such as Word, PowerPoint, and free online tools.
- Deliver one-on-one and group instruction on design principles, multimedia creation, and software.
- Must be a currently enrolled graduate student at UNC (if not taking Summer 2017 classes, then must have been registered for Spring 2017 and be registered for Fall 2017 classes)
- Experience with or knowledge of graphic design. Ability and desire to teach these skills to students.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud software, especially InDesign and Illustrator. Interest in and aptitude for learning new software.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and complete work on time independently.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Applicants will be asked to provide examples of design work. These examples can be websites, presentation slides, videos, artwork, social media graphics, or marketing materials – anything that combines text and images to communicate a message. The objects may come from school, work, or personal projects.
Work schedule: 20 hrs/wk from 5/17/2017 – 8/2/2017.
Compensation: Pay will be awarded in installments — two lump sums of $1645.84, one at the end of Summer Session I and the second at the end of Summer Session II. Total compensation will be $3291.68. This position does not include any health benefits.
Supervisor: Jennie Goforth, Research & Design Services Librarian
Please send resume and design samples/portfolio to Jennie Goforth at email@example.com by March 24.
Funding for this position is provided by the UNC Summer School.