TRLN Direct allows you to request books directly from the Triangle Research Libraries Network (TRLN) Libraries at Duke, North Carolina State, North Carolina Central, and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
TRLN Direct puts the rich collections of the TRLN Libraries at your fingertips. When this new service is fully operational next year, you will be able to request books from TRLN libraries directly from the online catalog, have them delivered to UNC, and renew them online – all without having to submit an interlibrary loan request.
For now, please continue to place borrowing requests for books from Duke, NC State, and NC Central using your Carolina BLU account. We will let you know when TRLN Direct is available.
To prepare for TRLN Direct we have made the following important changes, effective August 7, 2017.
If the book you receive has a WHITE sleeve with “TRLN Direct” on it:
- You can request to renew books online by logging on to My Library.
- Maximum loan period for the book will be 120 days.
- Faculty and Graduate students: 90-day loan with one 30-day renewal.
- Undergraduate students and Staff: 30-day loan with three 30-day renewals.
- Overdue books will accrue fines charged to your UNC Library account
If you have questions or comments contact Interlibrary Borrowing at email@example.com or (919) 962-1326.