Submit Notice of Resignation
To resign from a position in the University Library, an email or letter providing notice of your resignation should be submitted to your supervisor indicating that you are leaving your position. Please be sure to include your last day of work (mm/dd/yyyy). An SHRA employee is expected to notify their supervisor in writing at least two weeks (10 business days) prior to the last intended work day of a voluntary resignation; for an EHRA position, we suggest one month.
In addition to notifying the Benefits Office, upon receiving notice of resignation, the Library Human Resources Office will contact you to schedule a Library Exit Interview. The Exit Interview should take approximately 15 minutes and will cover such topics as:
- Vacation and Sick Leave Balances
- Keys (to buildings, desks, drawers, filing cabinets, etc.)
- Parking Permits (when to hand in, where to return)
- Mailing Address (how to file a Change of Address with the University if necessary)
- Release of Employment Information